Monday, March 9, 2009

Science Conclusion

During class, we extracted DNA from plant cells and animals. I got the plant cell while my partner got the animal. My sample was strawberry pulp. In this lab we had to find the DNA in strawberry pulp. First, I took the test tube with strawberry pulp which was filled up to twelve milliliters and added detergent. After the detergent was on top of the strawberry pulp and made sure it wasn’t shook up, then I added enzymes, which were a tan powder. Then, I added salt to the enzymes and detergent, but didn’t mix them up or my experiment would have failed. Finally, I added isopropinol and was done with the experiment. I could see a thin, white strand which was actually DNA at the top of my test tube. I can infer that if I shook up the tube, my result wouldn’t have been so successful. After looking at my partners DNA sample, I could tell that plant cells have more DNA than animals cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment